Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Saturday, March 04, 2006

I'm back



So, now that I've got some recovery sleep after going back to work, I'm getting back into my routines. Alana is catching on well, and slept through the night almost every night this week. It was refreshing considering last week was so hard. With the way she was sleeping, combined with going back to work, it felt like that first month again. But now she's got it figured out, and I feel like I might actually be able to handle this. My house is suffering though. I'm still making dinner every night, but not necessarily doing the dishes every night. So, I've had the nasty pile a couple times this week. And my laundry is out of control. I used to do a load every day. Now it's piling up. I just really don't have the time during the week. I literally get home, make dinner, eat, feed her, give her a bath, put her to bed, shower, and go to bed myself. Sometimes I don't even have time for the bathing part. I just don't know how to fit it in. So this weekend is going to be devoted to cleaning house. I wish that wasn't the case so I could relax a little, but maybe when I get the routine going I'll have more time for maintenance cleaning. My sister got me a bumper sticker that says: ""You don't work "full time" 'til your a Mom."" It's really true. Now that I'm doing both I have to multitask in everything pretty much all day long. Even now I'm holding Alana and typing at the same time. It helps that she's almost sitting now. The weird thing is that I really don't mind that things seem so out of control. She's so worth every minute of it, I feel blessed. My family is such a big help. Not that I find the woman a role model at all, but Hillary Clinton's "It takes a village" saying makes more sense to me now. Anyways, I'm rambling now, and I need to get started on that afore mentioned housework. Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm surviving. And work is going well, I can tell they missed me, and appreciate me, so that helps, even though I would rather be with my baby. Here are some cute new pics of Miss Alana Jo. Even though I usually don't like outfits with "ears" I think she pulls it off well. Don't you?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Amy. Don't know if this is going to work. Haven't figured it out for sure. But, anyway, I read your blogs and enjoy hearing about our baby.

Love you,

Grandma

2:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

dear daughter. It gets better. Enjoy her now. The housework will be there the rest of your life.

Love you,
mom

11:59 PM  
Blogger Von said...

Yes, Amy! Do take lots of time to drink in your baby girl!
Enjoy each day. Little baby step housework routines are good so that you can keep the ants and mice out of your house, lol!

7:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is the cutest picture! I love it!

Mom

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home