Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Friday, January 27, 2006

Stupid shots anyways


Alana go there first series of shots yesterday. Poor thing, she was fine until I woke her up to eat an give her more tylenol. Then she just screamed for about an hour. Her poor little legs were bright red, so I felt the need to call the consulting nurse. She, of course, said that this was all normal after getting immunized, but I had never heard Alana cry like that, and it was scary. I cried most of the time too. I've never felt so helpless. I hope this pain thing gets easier, because if it doesn't I might die of a heart attack before she turns ten. My poor husband woke up to help and only ended up getting two hours of sleep last night before going to work. I felt so bad for both of them. Other then the stupid shots though, she had a good check up. She's doing great developmentally and everything. I asked the doctor about the suspected peanut allergy- she said that it sounds like that is what it could be. She suggested that since breastfed babies rarely have severe allergic reactions through the milk, I try having peanuts again and see if she has a reaction. Either way, she said not to let her have peanuts herself until she is past the age of three. This way if she isn't allergic she won't develop an allergy since she is showing signs of having allergic tendencies. If she is allergic it might go away by age three, and we won't have to worry about it at that point. She said this could especially happen with an early allergy since I am breastfeeding. They don't like to send babies to allergists to get tested since all the bloodwork and stuff can be so traumatic. She said this is the easier way to go. I have yet to work up the guts to eat peanuts with her though. Maybe later, I'll procrastinate on this one. Here's a picture of my little family that got left behind when I switched over to blogger from the first blog.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Sweetheart! Im sorry to hear that Alana had such a hard time with her shots! Is she better today? Maybe next time some cold compresses on her legs would help. I remember one time when you had shots, the nurse put it so deep it hit the bone in your leg! You were not a happy camper. You were crawling at the time and refused to put weight on that leg for about 5 days!!! Be sure and watch her for the pertussis reactions, since your sister had that problem.

Love you,
Mom

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home