Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Back to square one


Well, the situation on the Alana sleep front has gotten worse. The past two nights she wanted to eat every two hours, and was wide awake between feedings. Even when she was a newborn she would let me go 2 1/2-3 hours between feedings. She will not stand for having the light turned off, and she spent most of the night "talking" to her bedding, and the quilt on her wall. Of course, she's going 4-5 hours between feedings during the day. Tonight I'm going to try to force her to cluster feed earlier, like in the next hour, and see if we can't at least shift her sleep patterns around a couple hours. The only problem is that it's almost impossible to force Alana to do anything. She's very strongwilled, and will lock her jaw shut if she's done eating/doesn't want to eat. At least Alana has her pediatrician appointment tomorrow, maybe she will have some advice for me. I do have some good news though! I went down to sign up for WIC yesterday, and they are going to give me an electric pump to use when I go back to work so that it will be easier to continue breastfeeding. The main reason I went down there was because I thought they might be able to help with the cost of renting one, I never thought they would just let me borrow one! And they measured and weighed Alana yesterday- She is now 9lbs 7oz, and 21 1/4 inches! She was in the 5th percentile for her height and weight when she was born, and now she is in the 10th percentile! It's weird to think that she is considered to be so little for her age because she seems to be so big to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home