Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Sunday, January 22, 2006

My mother is a genius!


So, my biggest complaint with breastfeeding so far has been not so much been the actual job of breastfeeding- but the nursing bras and nursing pads! They make it nearly impossible to comfortably sleep! The other day I found a nursing camisole that was alot more comfortable then the nursing bra I was trying to sleep in, so my last thing to conquer to achieve a more comfortable sleep was the dreaded pads. All night long I chase those stupid things around so they sit right, and still I wake up wet or chafed over half the time. After discussing this with my mother, she sugested that I cut a diaper in half and use that instead. So, I tried it! And it works! I woke up dry and not chafed, and I didn't spend the whole night chasing them. They really are more absorbant then nursing pads, it's pretty amazing. They also work out to be a cheaper selection as well. I'll continue to wear the nursing pads during the day though, diapers are just a bit too bulky to wear in public, I think. Anyways, here's a picture of my genius mother, and my beautiful daughter!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home