Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Thursday, February 02, 2006

God's little blessings



I went to my work yesterday to show Alana off, that was fun. It was nice to see everybody, even though almost everyone who worked there when I was pregnant is no longer with the department. There is maybe only 20% of the same people who were there when I started left. Everyone I hung out with at lunch and breaks are gone. :( While I was there my boss gave me my raise. It's a pretty big one, and it was prorated since I was a new hire, so my first paycheck back will have an extra $700 in it! This will be really nice coming off of having no income from me in 4 months! Last night when I went to bed I tossed and turned for an hour because the realization of me going back to work hit me. I thought for sure I would pay the price for it in the morning, but instead I got another pleasant surprise. Alana went eight hours between feedings, allowing me 61/2 hours of solid sleep!!! The longest she had ever gone before that was seven hours, so this was a huge feat! Especially after how rough it's been lately with her. You got to love the little blessings in life. :0) Here are some cute bathtime pictures of Alana.

2 Comments:

Blogger Von said...

More sweet pics!
So has everyone transferred to new jobs? It's going to be very weird going back!
And, a good night's sleep is NOT a little blessing - it's huge, lol!

9:16 PM  
Blogger Amy Sue said...

Yes! Everyone got better paying jobs in other departments except two who left the company because their husbands got jobs in Vegas. I only know the bosses and the cranky negative ladies who complain all day long now!!!! Everyone else is new. Gives proof to the fact that things don't stop just because you're not there.LOL!! And, yes, it was a huge blessing!!

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home