Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Friday, May 19, 2006

Mother's Day



My first Mother's day went really well. We had family dinner at my Grandparent's house, and also celebrated my sister Allison's 20th birthday. It was such a lovely day, and I received lots of really nice things. One of my husband's presents to me was the best. He wrote me a sweet Mother's Day poem, put Alana's footprints on it, and framed it for me. It made me cry, and now I have it sitting on my desk for work. Allison got in a car accident on her birthday and so she was unable to watch Alana for me this week. My mom took Monday and Tuesday off to watch her, and I took Wednesday off. So, Wednesday I decided to crack open a book for the first time since Alana's been born. I read the first two books in the series already! It's such a good series, I can't wait to get my hands on the third one. The series is called "The Chronicles of the Kings"- and it focuses mainly on the reign of King Hezekiah. Very, very good books. I love stories that are fictional accounts of biblical stories. While I know that it is probably not the way it really happened, I think it helps the stories become more real and personal. Anyways, I am very proud of my new feat! Maybe next I can tackle stitching! I do kind of feel like I'm neglecting Alana though, I had to read a few chapters aloud to her to try to appease her, she's been very clingy lately. We still haven't been able to find that "perfect" place yet. Hopefully we can find one soon! Here's some pictures of Alana helping mommy brush her hair.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Dear, I have book 3 ready for you to read, I forgot I had it on my shelf. There is also a book 4 that continues the story with Hezekiah's son...I need to remember to go and get that one!!!

love you,
Mom

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home