Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Saturday, May 06, 2006

I love Saturday!




Saturdays are great. I love not having to go to work. Most Saturdays I spend cleaning my house, so that it looks habitable again. During the week I usually only have time to keep it sanitary. By Friday it looks like a tornado went through it. I'm not saying that I like Saturdays because I like to clean the house, but it is so nice to be able to sit down in a clean house by Saturday evening. We are looking for a new house to rent, so we went looking this morning. We saw some nice places, but they are either a little out of our price range to upkeep, or the location is just not what we're looking for. I fell in love with a place in Lacey, it's 1940's style with hardwood floors, and we can afford the rent, but it has oil heat. I had never heard about oil heat before, but apparently that's how it is in most older houses. So, anyways, I guess it would cost about $150 dollars more a month to heat, and we'd have to pay water/sewer/garbage. So, really can't afford it. It's just a bummer because it was so close to my Mom's house. Oh, well, there will be other houses. My mom smocked a dress for Alana, and she got to wear it for the first time this week. She looked so cute! I love smocked dresses! I told you all that I would post a picture of Alana in her Easter dress, so I have one of those too. Sorry it's so late after Easter. Oh, I almost forgot, I had a question for everyone! Alana is eating solid foods now, and her pediatrician told me to give her veggies before she gets fruits, that way I guess more babies end up liking veggies. So I've given her sweet potatoes, carrots, and green beans. She wasn't really thrilled with the carrots, but liked the other stuff. I just have a hard time picking out veggies that she may like, for one, because I don't really like them myself; and two, because, I don't really want to waste it if she doesn't like it. I know it's not expensive so I shouldn't care, but there's that baby in Africa who doesn't get to eat..... So, I guess what I'm asking is, does anyone have any suggestions for veggies to try? Anything that your kids liked in particular?

1 Comments:

Blogger Von said...

Amy,
Alana does look so sweet in her dresses, especially the smocked one. :)
Good luck in your search for a new home! I'm sure just the right one will come along if you can be patient and diligent in your search. The looking can sure wear you out tho.

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home